HEALTHY HAIR HABITS
When your hair is healthy, it just LOOKS better. Bounce. Shine. Volume. All qualities that can be achieved with healthy hair habits.
1. Avoid Heat Styling - Heat damage can dry your hair out and make the color fade. Limit use of flat irons and blow dryers. When applying heat use a heat protectant.
2. Sleep with silk. - To avoid breakage, avoid friction with cotton. Silk scarves and pillowcases help with moisture retention. They also protect your edges.
3. Keep your hair clean. - Maintain weekly or bi-weekly washes (or co-washes) to keep your scalp clean from dandruff, oil, and fungal infections.
4. Moisturize. - Hydrated hair is happy hair. Use moisturizers to retain the moisture balance of your hair, so it wont be brittle and break off while it grows.
5. Stay Loyal. - Stick to the products that work for your hair.
6. Good Diet. - Eat enough protein. A lack of protein in the diet has been shown to promote hair loss. Drink lots of good ole H2O to keep your hair and body hydrated. Take daily vitamins. Consider hair supplements such as biotin for increased growth.
7. Regular trims. - It's recommended to trim your dead ends every 6-8 weeks to maximum hair retention.
- Quinn Miller